Establish SOPs for Your Operation
Working with the world‐renowned Freeman system, their operatives will work with your team to establish detailed standards/manuals for every position on your operation. 7-14 days (depending on complexity of the operation).
Sample: TASK 02: Grooming Standards
Maintain good personal hygiene at all times:
1) Shower or bathe daily.
2) Use deodorant daily.
3) Brush your teeth regularly and keep them in good repair.
4) Keep your breath fresh.
5) Use perfume/cologne sparingly; never use strong fragrances. None allowed for F&B
and Housekeeping Staff.
6) Keep your hands clean; wash hands frequently.
7) Keep your nails clean and manicured at all times:
a) No chipped nails;
b) No nail polish for food servers or Housekeeping;
c) Use only one, conservative colour on all your nails;
d) Ornaments and decals are not permitted.
8) Maintain regular grooming and conditioning of hair:
a) Keep a hairstyle, which portrays a business-like appearance.
b) No extreme hair colour, EXOTIC OR BRIGHTLY COLOURED two-tone colours or
excessively styled hair.
c) Excessive gels, lotions, or distinctive shaven styles are not acceptable.
Name tags should be worn on the RIGHT breast, approximately 6 inches below the shoulder. (Embroidered nametags are an acceptable substitute).
Guidelines for women:
a) Keep make-up conservative, no bright shades of lipstick or eye shadow.
b) Keep shoulder-length or longer hair tied back, away from face.
c) Small, color-coordinated hair ornaments may be worn.
d) Hairpins, ribbons, bands are to be of a neutral color (brown, black, navy blue) or color-coordinated with the outfit worn.
* Jewelry should be conservative. No large chains, or multiple earrings or chains. Rings should be worn on one finger per hand.
* No Jewelry on hands or arms in kitchens.
Guidelines for men:
a) Keep hair, moustaches, beards and side burns neatly trimmed.
b) No excessive gels, braids or hair designs;
c) Braids may be permitted in non-direct guest departments where they can be covered
with caps that are part of the approved uniform.
d) No visible chains or earrings.
* All employees are groomed according to the standards in the Employee
* Appearance creates a positive impression to the guests.
* Take pride and great care in your personal appearance.
* Strict adherence to grooming and uniform standards must be
* Daily hygiene is followed; guests and co-workers are not offended by an
* Fragrances are used only to compliment the overall appearance, never
offensive to others.
* Hairstyles are to be attractive to guests and conservative, portraying a
* Tattoos are not to be visible at any time while in your uniform.
* Nail length not to interfere with daily activities.
* Nametags should be worn at all times while on duty.
© 2011 Creative Food & Beverage Solutions. All rights reserved.