Management Team and Strategic Planning
Define the future/ establish the goals and objectives that will move your operation forward – declare your vision allowing everyone to buy‐in. 2-3 day program
COURSE DAY ONE
1. INTRODUCTION (30 mins.)
Warm up lecturer's introduction / housekeeping / Trainers page / Thought page
Group introduces one another - Diversity
List what, why and how benefit will be gained - Flipchart
2. EXPLAIN THE SOP PROGRAM (30 mins.)
· Steps from contract CORE BENEFITS
· Circle graph
· Customer graph
· Running statement
* Team Game
MID MORNING BREAK
3. THE PROCESS (30 mins.)
Overhead of strategic planning / definitions
4. SWOT EXERCISE (1:30 mins)
In groups, or as a group prepare on flip chart (combine)
COURSE DAY ONE (cont’d)
5. VISUALIZE THE FUTURE (1hr.)
Group exercise to imagine what the ideal would look like in the future.
Use individual vision handout if appropriate or have General Manager give his vision.
6. MAKE A STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Do DOT exercise to show creative thinking ability. Go over rules for writing statement. (2 hrs.)
Have groups work on the mission statement ideas / come back and flip chart final work with group on use of words, keep it precise
Flip Chart Mission Statement
MID AFTERNOON BREAK
7. DEFINE INTO KEY AREAS (30 mins.)
Do Box exercise
Extract the main issue from the Statement
8. SUPPORT EACH AREA WITH GOALS (1:30 mins.)
Take each area from above and define goals / identify what are the objectives.
Do force field analysis on Goals and Self appraisal
Each person or group to take one goal they choose
END OF THE DAY
COURSE DAY TWO (30 mins.)
Recap of previous day
9. BREAK EACH GOAL INTO MEASURABLE / ACHIEVABLE OBJECTIVES
Have each person explain action - do forefield analysis
Have each person take a goal then develop objectives and document input.
Presentation of each to group.
Have someone with good handwriting prepare this.
10. ESTABLISH STRATEGIES TO ACHIEVE (15 mins.)
Recap (30 mins.)
Define a strategy (15 mins.)
Look at 20/ 80s (15 mins.)
Explain Action plans / prioritize (1 hr.)
Give out action plan sheets. This will indicate resources needed as well as accountability.
COURSE DAY TWO (CONT.)
CONTINUE WITH PLANNING
ASSIGN FOLLOW UP / ACCOUNTABILITY / DEADLINES(1 hr.)
Who will track / how often / what methods, etc.
IMPLEMENTATION PLAN (30 mins.)
Plan how this will be rolled out. You are the decision makers, but others will / may need to buy in, they will certainly need to be informed and held accountable.
If time permits.
PREREQUISITES FOR COURSE
1. START UP EQUIPMENT
· Flip charts
· Music (cassette) player
2. ROOM LAYOUT
· The room should be adequate in size for the number of participants.
· The ideal group size is 10 - 12 persons.
· Everyone should be dressed comfortably.
· The room should be laid out in a “U” shape (or in boardroom style) with a
separate head table for the facilitator.
· There should be a separate breakout area or sufficient room for break out
· A supply of Coffee, snacks and sodas should be available throughout the
· Lunch can be served in an adjacent room, but should not interrupt the flow
of the event.
* There should be no distractions or interruptions. Participants MUST advise all persons who report to them that they are unavailable and make contingency plans for emergencies.
© 2011 Creative Food & Beverage Solutions. All rights reserved.